Saturday, April 28, 2012

Immune Boosting Aromatherapy Blend

Today the weather finally turned....the frost was thick on the wooden fence rails and the house was freezing. It was one of those days where I just couldn't seem to get warm. First real cold snap usually brings the sniffles.....so I'm arming myself ahead of time.
I had run out of my usual immunity boosting blend, but timely coincidence the Courier also arrived today with my aromatherapy supplies order. I quickly mixed up my favourite blend and infused my home with it.
Mix together in equal parts eucalyptus, rosemary and lavendar essential oils. Simple. These oils in combination are highly effective at fighting germs.

Therapeutic Properties
Eucalyptus: analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-neuralgic, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, decongestant, deodorant, expectorant.
Rosemary: analgesic, antidepressant, astringent, carminative, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, hepatic, hypertensive, nervine, rubefacient, stimulant, sudorific and tonic.
Lavender: The therapeutic properties of lavender oil are antiseptic, analgesic, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, bactericide, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, rubefacient, sedative, sudorific and vulnerary.
You can make it into an air freshener which is useful to be spritzed around the house, especially if you have someone with the sneezes that may be letting fly some infected particles into the air. Or put a few drops into an oil burner with water and let it slowly infuse the air within your home.

This is a blend that I use in so many ways: as a perfume, eradicating nits, immune boosting and also cleaning my home. I will be blogging about all these ways - so check back in when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...